• Each year, nearly 3,240 people die in U.S. home fires.
• 40% of those U.S. home fires did not have smoke detectors.
• U.S. fire departments respond to an estimated 1,2400,000 fires.
• The National Insurance Crime Bureau reports that in 2013 there was an estimated $30 billion fraud committed in the property and casualty industry.
• NICB, in its annual look at questionable claims in the U.S. reports there was a 16 percent increase over the past three years in Questionable Claims.
A unique feature of the CISA Program is the Loss Prevention & Risk Management benefits
Protecting your Association and its financial assets requires a comprehensive risk management program.
Through regular inspections of the property provided by an independent third party; subsequent loss prevention recommendations are generated to help the Association maintain its property, keep its residents and guests safe while saving the Association money over the long term.
Proper maintenance eliminates costly repairs
Project future risks through loss control recommendations
Avoid special assessments through Reserve Studies as recommended by loss control
Minimize downtime in the event of a disaster
Control premiums by controlling claims
It is worth noting that all property insurance policies exclude coverage for wear & tear. Therefore, it’s in the Associations best interest to maintain the property rather than pay for costly repairs and replacements.
Properties that are properly maintained and have the best possible life safety measures in place have fewer claims. So let us help your Association take a proactive approach to maintaining your property to reduce and prevent fire deaths, injuries, and property loss.